Client Displaying Connection Refused

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Lolzebracakes

Client Displaying Connection Refused

Post by Lolzebracakes »

Hey guys,

I am trying to monitor several Windows NT workstations with Nagios and I seem to have ran into a bit of problem. I installed the NRPE_NT client on the machines and I changed the config file to look exactly like some Windows XP machines I am monitoring. I have looked over my config file several times to no avail.

The Problem: I can get the Browser to Display that the system is "UP" (as in, Nagios is pinging it) but I cannot retrieve any system information data.

I ran into a similar problem with a Win 7 machine I was attempting to monitor with the NSClient++. Same thing, Nagios said it was "UP" but wouldnt display any System Information. Once I added this PC to the Domain it immediately resolved the problem. This lead me to think that maybe I also need to join the Windows NT workstations to the domain. After several tries (and me crashing the HDD twice) here is my other bottleneck - It is not possible to join a Win NT Workstation to a Win 2003 PDC...

Does anyone know of a workaround for this situation? I cannot upgrade the Operating System for these clients.
jsmurphy

Re: Client Displaying Connection Refused

Post by jsmurphy »

I'm not particularly familiar with NRPE_NT (We use NSClient++) are you able to provide some more information around what the actual returns are when the checks attempt to run and what is in the log files for the windows client?