Edit Service Check Schedule for a Single Service?

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
tn_geek

Edit Service Check Schedule for a Single Service?

Post by tn_geek »

Is there a way set a single service to check every 30 or 60 seconds? I would like to do this for a couple of pings to verify that our Internet connection is up and to log the problem times as proof to the ISP.

I have been using Nagios for some time now, and everything that I have found doesn't mention anything like this - just the main config settings that applies to all services.

If there is anything built into Nagios for this or an add-on - I would really like to know.

Thanks!
jsmurphy

Re: Edit Service Check Schedule for a Single Service?

Post by jsmurphy »

Simple to do and there are heaps of ways to do it... the easiest would probably be to add "check_interval 1" to the service this will override what it inherited from the template it's assigned. This will give it a check interval of 1 minute... there are also some other timeperiods you may want to change though if you change the check_interval http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/ ... ml#service

You could also create a completely new template with the intervals changed and assign your internet_ping service to that.
tn_geek

Post by tn_geek »

That sounds crazy easy. Thanks! I will look into it a little more and decide which route to take.
tn_geek

Post by tn_geek »

Adding check_interval did exactly what I needed for the services I wanted to check more often. Thanks!