Monitor folder modified data

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
McHenry

Monitor folder modified data

Post by McHenry »

I have a series of folders that I need to monitor. These folders have files downloaded to them periodically and I need to know if now files have been downloaded in the last day.

The downloaded files are cleared out hourly.

Is there a way of using check_files to monitor the folder modification date/time?

My folders are:

D:\Downloads\a
D:\Downloads\b
D:\Downloads\c
D:\Downloads\d
D:\Downloads\e

I have found a command to check the file modified date however I am unsure of how to convert this to folder modified date:
./check_nrpe -H 10.25.11.3 -c check_files -a path=’E:\\ServerFolders\\NoBackup\\Junk’ pattern=*.* ’filter= written > -2h’ ’crit= count < 1’ ’empty-state=critical’ ’empty-syntax=${status}: No files found’

https://support.nagios.com/kb/article/f ... e_modified
npolovenko
Support Tech

Re: Monitor folder modified data

Post by npolovenko »

Hello, @McHenry. Are the folders static or they're being created on daily basis? If the folders are static you could run a similar query for each one:

Code: Select all

./check_nrpe -H 192.168.3.239 -c check_files -a path=d:/downloads/a/ 'crit=age<86400'
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.