Nagios Core 3.5.1 to 4.3.4. Upgrade

An open discussion forum for obtaining help with Nagios Core. Nagios Core users of all experience levels are welcome here. Subforum have been created for the discussion of Nagios Core and Nagios Plugin development.

NOTE: The SourceForge.net mailing lists have been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

Re: Nagios Core 3.5.1 to 4.3.4. Upgrade

Postby npolovenko » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:36 pm

@mtripodi, Good idea, let me know how it goes. After you copy the folder over to the new server run the following command:
Code: Select all
service nagios restart

Then run the following command to check for any errors:
Code: Select all
/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Postby mtripodi » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:42 am

Ok thanks, I was able to successfully copy all my folders containing existing config files into the location: /usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/

I noticed we also have a bunch of plugins which are likely associated with service checks we have setup. Located in:
/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/ and /usr/local/lib/nagios-plugins/ .

Should I be copying all these plugins over as well? If so, to which directory on the new Nagios server?
mtripodi

Postby npolovenko » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:59 pm

@mtripodi, Hmm. Did you install any special plugins or are these just the standard core plugins? Try to import the checks without plugins fist and see if they start erroring out. Then please upload the failing service checks definitions here.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Previous

Return to Nagios Core