Help with configuration of NSClient++ and two nagios

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
jvasquez92

Help with configuration of NSClient++ and two nagios

Post by jvasquez92 »

Hello forum colleagues, good afternoon,

I commented my problem: Windows server monitoring agent (NSClient ++) was installed, which I configured to be able to monitor windows server on two nagios servers.

In "Allowed hosts", I added the complete IP segment 20.20.1.x / 24, so that Windows server sent monitoring information to both nagios servers.

* The three model teams are within the aforementioned segment.

Windows server monitoring was obtained on only ONE nagios server, since the second nagios server claims me the following "could not fetch information fron server".

I need your help to determine what the problem may be and a possible solution.

Thank you very much in advance.
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Help with configuration of NSClient++ and two nagios

Post by cdienger »

The nsclient++ directory on the Windows machine will likely contain a nsclient.log file - is there anything of interest logged when you try to run the command? If you don't see anything, edit nsclient.ini and edit the [/settings/log] section to include 'level = debug'(then restart nsclient++) and reproduce the problem and check the log again.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.