NCPA - can't add/monitor windows machine through .cfg files

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
zelig8

NCPA - can't add/monitor windows machine through .cfg files

Post by zelig8 »

Hello - i'm trying to get up and going with Nagios core, and have a viable installation of 4.3.4 running on SLES 12. SP3. I can access the web interface fine from Chrome, and see the localhost from the Hosts link, and am now trying to monitor a windows node on which i've installed the NCPA agent with default options. The Firewall is off on both the Windows node and the SLES server. I've tested the NCPA agent from my Chrome browser and all looks good, and i'm able to run simple checks using the plug-in such as

Code: Select all

./check_ncpa.py -H <ncpaserver> -t mytoken -M 'processes' --warning=100 --critical=200
. I can see those manually run checks show up in the web gui for the NCPA client with a status of 'OK'. However, in following along with this document (https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... onfiguring), after creating the Check Command definition in the /usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/commands.cfg file, and creating a ncpa.cfg file identical to that described in the document, im unable to get the windows host to show up as a managed Host in the core web UI. So basically i'm wondering if this documentation is still valid, specifically i'm suspicious of the syntax for the check_command in the ncpa.cfg file.
zelig8

Re: NCPA - can't add/monitor windows machine through .cfg fi

Post by zelig8 »

OK, i think i have this resolved by adding a cfg_file= entry into the /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg file, pointing to a file as described in the previously mentioned documentation, and restarting the service.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

Is the issue resolved then? Can we close this topic?
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
zelig8

Post by zelig8 »

yes, this can be closed.