Plugin check not working

An open discussion forum for obtaining help with Nagios Core. Nagios Core users of all experience levels are welcome here. Subforum have been created for the discussion of Nagios Core and Nagios Plugin development.

NOTE: The SourceForge.net mailing lists have been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

Re: Plugin check not working

Postby tgriep » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:27 pm

That could be the issue, when I change major versions of the NSClient++ agent, I make a copy if the scripts and ini file and after installing the client, I delete this folder to remove all of the leftover files.
Code: Select all
C:\Program Files\NSClient++

Try that and see if that helps out. Also, I would install the latest stable version 0.4.4 of the client.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
tgriep
Madmin

Postby kwhogster » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:37 am

I always delete the folder after I uninstall nsclient I have a network share that contains all my scripts.

After installing 4.4.23

C:\Windows\system32>cd /program files/nsclient++

C:\Program Files\NSClient++>nscp settings --generate --add-defaults --load-all
E core Failed to register plugin LUAScript: Could not load library: 126: T
he specified module could not be found.
: LUAScript.dll
c:\source\nscp\service\NSClient++.cpp:216

I have never seen this on any server I built could this be an underlying problem?
kwhogster

Postby tgriep » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:18 pm

It could be an issue with the nscp options you are using to generate the nsclient.ini file.
I have never seen an ini file with the LUAScript.dll enabled in it.

Try starting small with the install and add the sections in to the ini file a little at a time.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
tgriep
Madmin

Previous

Return to Nagios Core