Nagvis Failure : on-demand-filter headertemplate

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
FranckB1

Nagvis Failure : on-demand-filter headertemplate

Post by FranckB1 »

Hi,

I changed my Nagvis General configuration today, by setting the header template (in Overview Page).
I replaced "default" by "on-demand-filter".

Now, each time I launch Nagvis, I got this :
Error: (0) Undefined index: backend_id (/srv/eyesofnetwork/nagvis-1.8.5/share/frontend/nagvis-js/classes/NagVisHeaderMenu.php:280)

#0 /srv/eyesofnetwork/nagvis-1.8.5/share/frontend/nagvis-js/classes/NagVisHeaderMenu.php(280): nagvisExceptionErrorHandler(8, 'Undefined index...', '/srv/eyesofnetw...', 280, Array)
#1 /srv/eyesofnetwork/nagvis-1.8.5/share/frontend/nagvis-js/classes/NagVisHeaderMenu.php(76): NagVisHeaderMenu->getMacros()
#2 /srv/eyesofnetwork/nagvis-1.8.5/share/frontend/nagvis-js/classes/FrontendModOverview.php(78): NagVisHeaderMenu->__toString()
#3 /srv/eyesofnetwork/nagvis-1.8.5/share/frontend/nagvis-js/classes/FrontendModOverview.php(55): FrontendModOverview->showViewDialog()
#4 /srv/eyesofnetwork/nagvis-1.8.5/share/server/core/functions/index.php(120): FrontendModOverview->handleAction()
#5 /srv/eyesofnetwork/nagvis-1.8.5/share/frontend/nagvis-js/index.php(53): require('/srv/eyesofnetw...')
#6 {main}
If someone could help... Nagvis is out of order, it's quite a disaster...

Thanks...
FranckB1

Re: Nagvis Failure : on-demand-filter headertemplate

Post by FranckB1 »

Hi,

I finallly found a way to solve the problem. It sounds a little bit as a makeshift job, but it helped to fix the issue...

I modified the code of the /srv/eyesofnetwork/nagvis-1.8.5/share/frontend/nagvis-js/classes/NagVisHeaderMenu.php file, at line 278, in order to not enter in the beneath block code, where the error occurs at line 280.

I just changed the test condition if ($this->templateName == 'on-demand-filter') by if ($this->templateName == 'on-demand-filter1') (for instance...).

In that way, the line 280 was not executed. Nagvis overview became available anew...
Just have to click on an existing map. Thereafter the menu was available and I changed back the headertemplate to "default"...
kyang

Re: Nagvis Failure : on-demand-filter headertemplate

Post by kyang »

Glad you got it fixed.

Are we okay to close this thread?