Maps Organisation in Nagvis Overview

An open discussion forum for obtaining help with Nagios Core. Nagios Core users of all experience levels are welcome here. Subforum have been created for the discussion of Nagios Core and Nagios Plugin development.

NOTE: The SourceForge.net mailing lists have been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

Maps Organisation in Nagvis Overview

Postby FranckB1 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:12 am

Hello,

I’ve started using Nagvis a few weeks ago, and I’m still seeking for a way to organise the maps in the Overview menu.

Indeed, by now the maps are mixed alltogether, at the same hierarchical level.
I wish I could organise them better, grouped by sites, customers, etc…

Thanks for help…
FranckB1

Re: Maps Organisation in Nagvis Overview

Postby cdienger » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:37 pm

Have you come across https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ios-XI.pdf ? It is written specifically for the Nagvis that comes with XI but will have some relevant information. The Nagvis utility is from a third party so depending on what you're try to do exactly/version of Nagvis/etc..., you may have a better time getting direction directly from the Nagvis team at http://www.nagvis.org/support.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
cdienger
Support Tech

Postby FranckB1 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:27 am

Hi,

Thank for responding to me.

I've already seen automaps based on hierarchical relations, but that doesn't exactly fit my needs...The customer wants standard maps with background images representing his network...
FranckB1

Postby scottwilkerson » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:29 pm

There isn't any way that I know of to organize maps in NagVis into hierarchical levels.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
scottwilkerson
CTO

Postby FranckB1 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:48 am

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your response...
FranckB1

Postby tmcdonald » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:27 am

Did you have further (related) questions or are we good to lock this up?

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
tmcdonald
Operations Engineer

Return to Nagios Core