creating a primary group for multiple sub groups

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
tfeatherstone

creating a primary group for multiple sub groups

Post by tfeatherstone »

Hi All,

I'm sure this has been spoken about before and i've tried to find an answer but can't really find what i'm looking or.

I am using Nagios core to monitor a few things however i want to be able to sub device the views of the web gui for that different users can only see what they need to. I know this can be done via hostgroups and i have already done this however i'm after a little bit more.

Essentially i have 2 sets of devices running 2 different checks (each have their own host group defined and are running different scripts.currently they appear as 2 host groups under the summary page). What i would like is to create a group that appear on this page that then subsequently has the original groups displayed when selected so that those 2 sets of device types still remain autonimous.

I hope i've made sense there and i'm sure the answer is really simple but i'm struggling a little bit so would appreciate some input.

Thanks

T
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Re: creating a primary group for multiple sub groups

Post by scottwilkerson »

I don't believe what you are asking for is available/possible in Core but could be achieved using BPI 2 in Nagios XI
https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... BPI_v2.pdf
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com