Error 1 when make install-webconf

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
smendoza

Error 1 when make install-webconf

Post by smendoza »

Hi all,

This is my first post, I'm new to nagios.

I'm installing Nagios in a Linux Mint 18.3 environment and when I try to install webconf the installer sends an Error 1

make install-webconf
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 sample-config/httpd.conf etc/apache2/sites-enabled/nagios.conf
/usr/bin/install: no se puede crear el fichero regular 'etc/apache2/sites-enabled/nagios.conf': No existe el archivo o el directorio
Makefile:298: fallo en las instrucciones para el objetivo 'install-webconf'
make: *** [install-webconf] Error 1

Translation of spanish lines:
/usr/bin/install: regular file cannot be created 'etc/apache2/sites-enabled/nagios.conf': File or directory doesn't exist
Makefile:298: failure in the instructions for objective 'install-webconf'
make: *** [install-webconf] Error 1

The directory does exist but not the file, Any suggestion to find or generate the file is welcome

Thanks in advance
mcapra

Re: Error 1 when make install-webconf

Post by mcapra »

Are you following any particular documentation for your Nagios Core installation? It looks as if some prefixes may have been entered incorrectly during the configure step and the leading / has been stripped from the destination path.

Are you running your make commands as root? Per the official documentation, Debian-based systems need to have root handle the Nagios Core installation. Though Mint isn't a direct fork of Debian, I'd suggest using root.

Can you share the outputs of the following commands executed from the CLI of your Mint machine:

Code: Select all

cat /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
ls -al /etc/apache2
My initial hunch is it's just a permissions issue on the /etc/apache2/sites-enabled path.
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/
npolovenko
Support Tech

Re: Error 1 when make install-webconf

Post by npolovenko »

Thanks for the recommendations, @mcapra. @smendoza, Let us know if that helps and also the tutorial you used to install the Core?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.