nagios core 4.4.0 installation instructions

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
aristosv

nagios core 4.4.0 installation instructions

Post by aristosv »

So, with the new nagios core version released a few hours ago, the installation instructions (at least for Debian 9) are no longer valid.

The version mentioned in the installation guide is v4.3.4 (not 4.4.0) and the changelog does mention changes to the configure/make process and automatic `systemctl daemon-reload` and `initctl reload-configuration` where applicable on `make install-init`

For a few months now I'm using a bash script to install nagios core 4.3.4, (created from the installation instructions) so my first attempt was to use the same script with nagios core 4.4.0, but I got a bunch of errors.

So, I guess my question is, are there new installations instructions for nagios core 4.4.0?

Thanks

edit.
This is the bash script I'm using to install nagios on debian 9. Working with nagios core v4.3.4, not working with nagios core v4.4.0
https://paste.ofcode.org/FZ3TgMvmJZ65vGAmdedLq5
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Re: nagios core 4.4.0 installation instructions

Post by scottwilkerson »

I believe these have since been updated.

After a release it takes our documentation gremlins a little while to update all the docs.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
aristosv

Post by aristosv »

Yes they have. I just tested the updated guide and it works.

A small detail, for Debian to be able to connect on github to download nagios core, and the plugins, you either have to install ca-certificates, or use the --no-check-certificate option with wget.

It should be noted in the guide.
Thanks
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

Thanks!
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com