How to Customize Slack Notifications Alerts in Nagios

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Teja

How to Customize Slack Notifications Alerts in Nagios

Post by Teja »

Hi Team,

I have request to Stop the particular Service Notification alerts in Slack [NOT ALL] but need to be active Via E-Mail[/b]. So whenever the service is UP or Down i get alerts both in Slack and Gmail, Is there any way to customise Slack Notifications in Nagios with Script or anything ? I tried searching in google but didn't find a Valid answer.

Thank You!!
npolovenko
Support Tech

Re: How to Customize Slack Notifications Alerts in Nagios

Post by npolovenko »

Hello, @Teja. Is your slack notification command assigned to a contact or to service checks directly? If directly to service checks you can just remove the command for that particular service. Otherwise, If the command is assigned to a contact, you could modify the slack_nagios.pl script to check the value of "$HOSTNAME$" and "$SERVICEDESC$" and if it matches the name of the desired service -> have the script skip the rest of the commands in it.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
Teja

Post by Teja »

Hi @npolovenko, Firstly sorry for the late reply.

I'm not into Perl scripting and if you provide any example it would really help me to execute.

Thanks in advance!
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

We are unfortunately not able to provide custom development, especially with third-party scripts. You will need to either find someone in your organization who knows Perl, or contact sales@nagios.com to discuss custom dev.
Former Nagios employee
Teja

Post by Teja »

It's fine..will look into it, Thank's tmcdonald.
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

Did you have further (related) questions or are we good to lock this up?
Former Nagios employee
Teja

Post by Teja »

We are good to close this tmcdonald, Thank You!