Bulk Import

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Flava

Bulk Import

Post by Flava »

Hi,

Fine grained bulk import would be very handy with ability to map it to host & services templates and being able to tweak some of the setting during import. This would have make initial configuration so much easier.

Thanks
Thanks
ssmiller_gfs

Re: Bulk Import

Post by ssmiller_gfs »

I completely agree. As a specific example, the bulk import wizard currently requires at least one service to be imported with the host. Our service checks are associated with a hostgroup, and the hostgroup is associated with the hosts that should be monitored. Since we do not want to import a service with the host, the bulk import wizard goes no further. We work around the issue by creating a single service to be created with the new host, but ideally we would like to have no individual service checks with this particular group of servers.
Mitchell

Post by Mitchell »

Agree. I would suggest that best solution would be deploy wizards with every possible value.

We can take any monitor for example and pass almost any field from CSV file and deploy. that would be ideal to be able to deply monitors.
benhank

Post by benhank »

you know, the other option would be to be able to delete a group and have the option to delete the objects, dependencies and whatnot in one swoop.
I really have come to love nagios and it's possibilities. XI would be even more awesome if it was wizard based.

even deleting one object and having the option to delete it services would rock.
Let me rephrase that last one. I mean if I delete an object with dependencies, having the option to unassociated said object from it's dependencies without deleting the dependencies, or to delete both would be nice.
Make it easier to take the whole company down when you hack your bosses email and find out your getting laid of or fired. =D just kidding bout the last part.
Proudly running:
NagiosXI 5.4.12 2 node Prod Env 2500 hosts, 13,000 services
Nagiosxi 5.5.7(test env) 2500 hosts, 13,000 services
Nagios Logserver 2 node Prod Env 500 objects sending
Nagios Network Analyser
Nagios Fusion
pnewlon

Post by pnewlon »

Flava wrote:Hi,

Fine grained bulk import would be very handy with ability to map it to host & services templates and being able to tweak some of the setting during import. This would have make initial configuration so much easier.

Thanks

Me too :-)
slansing

Post by slansing »

Necro'ing this thread to let you guys know you can add feature requests at:

http://www.tracker.nagios.com/