Collapsing hostgroups

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
yomiko

Collapsing hostgroups

Post by yomiko »

In Nagios Core dashboard, I created a few hostgroups. Each hostgroup has a long list of members.

E.g.

hostgroup_name GroupA
- member 1
- member 10

hostgroup_name GroupB
- member 1
- member 20

hostgroup_name GroupC
- member 1
- member 30

Is there a way to collapse each list so that one will see 1 line per hostgroup. Then, click on it to expand it to the full list?
npolovenko
Support Tech

Re: Collapsing hostgroups

Post by npolovenko »

Hello, @yomiko. Would you be able to upload a screenshot of the hostgroup page that you're talking about?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
yomiko

Post by yomiko »

Sorry, I cannot post the data (since it included internal hostnames).

However, I found existing images from the web...

Take this one for example, rather than showing "Servers (all-hosts) with all the hosts under it, I'd like to see just 1 line.
Then, the user could click on it to see the full list of hosts.
http://lancet.mit.edu/mwall/projects/na ... before.png

If it is not possible, I think "Host Groups summary" might be what I need to use:
(Sample image obtained from the web):
https://support.nagios.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=3124
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

Instead of clicking on the Host Groups link on the left menu, click on the Summary link (under Host Groups). This page will show you the status summary of your hostgroups in a more "condensed" format. Then, you could click on any of the hostgroups to "drill down" and view the hostgroup's members.

Let us know if this helped.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!