Windows Service notification issues

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
LS18

Re: Windows Service notification issues

Post by LS18 »

Yep host is up and all the other services being monitored such as disk space thresholds, applications running etc. all notify via email on warning/critical/recovery correctly, just the Windows services seem to not want to play ball!

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,

LS
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

Can you share your current windows service definition as well as the generic-service template again?

Also, do you have any dependencies setup that would include this windows service?
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
LS18

Post by LS18 »

Hi Scott,

I have actually managed to resolve this now!

I redirected the nagios.cfg to look in another location, recreated the config's and the object.cache as a test and it began working. I've now moved everything back to default location as it still works so must have just been a bug or something potentially!

Thanks for the help though, appreciate it :)

LS
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

LS18 wrote:Hi Scott,

I have actually managed to resolve this now!

I redirected the nagios.cfg to look in another location, recreated the config's and the object.cache as a test and it began working. I've now moved everything back to default location as it still works so must have just been a bug or something potentially!

Thanks for the help though, appreciate it :)

LS
Great! glad you were able to resolve it

Locking thread
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com