Nagios check_oracle_health - ORA-12154 ERROR

An open discussion forum for obtaining help with Nagios Core. Nagios Core users of all experience levels are welcome here. Subforum have been created for the discussion of Nagios Core and Nagios Plugin development.

NOTE: The SourceForge.net mailing lists have been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

Re: Nagios check_oracle_health - ORA-12154 ERROR

Postby admincauce » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:20 am

Ok.

It's correct. My tnsname.ora is located in the path /u01/app/oracle/product/12c/dbhome_1/network/admin in my Oracle Server.

And it's correct that I have in $ORACLE_HOME a path to lib and path to bin files.
admincauce

Postby tgriep » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:38 pm

The command I use does not require the tnsnames.ora file. I specify all of the information required to connect on the command line.
One thing I found to check is that the $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora is world readable.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
tgriep
Madmin

Postby admincauce » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:23 am

Hi

Finally I came up with the solution to the problem, and that's what you just answered me in the last comment. The file "tnsname.ora" did not have enough permissions to be read. Changing the permissions, the checkup works perfectly.

In the end these problems are silly but it is hard to reach them.

Thank you very much anyway for your help.

Regards
admincauce

Postby tgriep » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:53 am

Your Welcome. Glad it is working now.
I'll lock up the post for you but feel free to post any questions in the future.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
tgriep
Madmin

Previous

Return to Nagios Core