Accidentally erased Nagios Database

An open discussion forum for obtaining help with Nagios Core. Nagios Core users of all experience levels are welcome here. Subforum have been created for the discussion of Nagios Core and Nagios Plugin development.

NOTE: The SourceForge.net mailing lists have been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

Accidentally erased Nagios Database

Postby japscp » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:32 pm

Hi guys,
Counting on your help to solve this question since I can't find the answer by myself.

As the subject says, I accidentally erased Nagios Database from /var/lib/mysql/ and can't find a way to restore/install it again.

Can you help me solve this?

Thank you.
japscp

Re: Accidentally erased Nagios Database

Postby benjaminsmith » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:53 pm

Hi,

Are your using Nagios Core or Nagios XI? This is the Core forum and there is not a database back-end by default. Let me know your setup and installation. Thanks.
benjaminsmith

Postby japscp » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:19 am

Hi,

I'm using Core.

It's not that it prevents nagios from working, but from what I realize the pnp4nagios graphing service uses these databases, correct?
japscp

Postby scottwilkerson » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:40 am

japscp wrote:Hi,

I'm using Core.

It's not that it prevents nagios from working, but from what I realize the pnp4nagios graphing service uses these databases, correct?

pnp4nagios does not used mysql databases, it used RRD files, it does not use any databases in /var/lib/mysql
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Return to Nagios Core