Issue of Notification "Return code of 255"

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
rlinux57

Issue of Notification "Return code of 255"

Post by rlinux57 »

Hi Team,

Every thing is perfectly configured. But I didn't get the warning, critical email notification of following alerts having such return code "Warning: Return code of 255".

Code: Select all

[1539725415] Warning: Return code of 255 for check of service 'squid' on host 'NODE-06' was out of bounds.
[1539725415] Warning: Return code of 255 for check of service 'NODE_V2' on host 'NODE-06' was out of bounds.
[1539725415] Warning: Return code of 255 for check of service 'Total Processes' on host 'NODE-06' was out of bounds.
[1539725415] Warning: Return code of 255 for check of service 'Total Processes' on host 'NODE-05' was out of bounds.
Regards,
rlinux57
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Issue of Notification "Return code of 255"

Post by lmiltchev »

Did these services go to a HARD non-ok state? Did you check to see if all of the required filtered were passed, so that notifications could be sent?

https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... tions.html
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

Where exactly do you see these messages? Alerts and notifications should be logged in /usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.log. Do you see the alerts in there and if so, do you see a corresponding notification logged?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
rlinux57

Post by rlinux57 »

lmiltchev wrote:Did these services go to a HARD non-ok state? Did you check to see if all of the required filtered were passed, so that notifications could be sent?

https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... tions.html

These services not goes to hard state. Although I have set max_attempts and retry_interval is equal to 2. But I didn't get notifications.
rlinux57

Post by rlinux57 »

cdienger wrote:Where exactly do you see these messages? Alerts and notifications should be logged in /usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.log. Do you see the alerts in there and if so, do you see a corresponding notification logged?
I saw that logs in nagios.log. But notification is not logged against it. Although all the settings of notifications are enabled.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

Please share the configuration files including the nagios.cfg and /usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/. PM them to me and @Nagios Support as they may contain sensitive info.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.