Services dependient from main service

An open discussion forum for obtaining help with Nagios Core. Nagios Core users of all experience levels are welcome here. Subforum have been created for the discussion of Nagios Core and Nagios Plugin development.

NOTE: The SourceForge.net mailing lists have been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

Services dependient from main service

Postby debek » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:33 am

Hi!
I have main service "NRPE/main" and other dependencies for example: NRPE/ping
I want check NRPE/main and if it is not working do not check other NRPE services.

Is it correct configuration?

define servicedependency {
host_name digit
service_description NRPE/main
dependent_host_name digit
dependent_service_description NRPE/check_rbl,NRPE/git/etc,NRPE/ping,NRPE/roles,NRPE/ssh
execution_failure_criteria o
notification_failure_criteria w,u,c
}

I am asking because if I have got this definition. my checks "RPE/check_rbl,NRPE/git/etc,NRPE/ping,NRPE/roles,NRPE/ssh" don't checking automatically.
debek

Re: Services dependient from main service

Postby npolovenko » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:29 pm

Hello, @debek. That's because you put execution_failure_criteria o. This means if the NRPE/main service is OK don't check any dependent services. You need to change it to: execution_failure_criteria w,u,c.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Return to Nagios Core