Nagios 4.4.X compatibility MOd_gearman

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Pradeeps

Nagios 4.4.X compatibility MOd_gearman

Post by Pradeeps »

Hello Folk,

I am running nagios 4.4.2 version on centos-7 and would like to implement Mod_Gearman into it. Looking into other forums, there is no compatible version yet but if anyone have a work around , can you share your ideas please? It will be really helpful.
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Nagios 4.4.X compatibility MOd_gearman

Post by cdienger »

It's being addressed and a potential fix provided at https://github.com/sni/mod_gearman/issues/136 .
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

I know that we state, "Currently Nagios Core 4.4.x is not compatible with Mod Gearman (MG), to allow Nagios XI 5.5.x to run MG the version of Nagios Core needs to be downgraded to 4.2.4." for customers running Nagios XI.

I reached out to the devs and they said you'll want to run 4.2.4 as well because Core 4.3.X is buggy for gearman.

Can you try installing Core 4.2.4 on their and then re-install mod_gearman on it to see if that resolves the issue?
Pradeeps

Post by Pradeeps »

I think thats the path I am going to take. Thank you.
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

Sounds good, please create a new forum post if you have issues/need help with it.

Thank you