how to display all event handlers actives

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
iam33

how to display all event handlers actives

Post by iam33 »

Thanks in advance!

Is there any way to view all the event_handlers actives per services/hosts?

Is there any frontend web to show this?

thanks!
Last edited by iam33 on Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Re: how to display all event handlers actives

Post by npolovenko »

Hi, @iam33. You can set -> log_event_handlers=1 in the /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg file and restart the nagios process. Then you'd see all event handlers activity logged in the nagios.log file.
But there is no way to specifically query the event handler activity by a host or a service, in XI.
You could use Log Server or other log sorting solution to query the nagios.log file and filter results by the event handler name and so on.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
iam33

Post by iam33 »

thanks npolovenko, but I would like it to be in visual gui (web or similar). I don´t want if a event_handler is activate or when.

I would like to view how many event_hanldlers I have configured, for example.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@iam33, In Core interface, you can click on the Configuration menu in the left column. In the Object Type field select -> Services and click Continue. You'll see the list of services and if they have Event Handler it will show in the Event Handler column. From that page, you can copy and paste rows to the Excell spreadsheet.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
iam33

Post by iam33 »

Yes, this is it!!
Thank you so much!!!
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@iam33, Perfect! Closing the thread as resolved.