Error SNMP

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
alex3105

Error SNMP

Post by alex3105 »

Dear Misters

Until yesterday, my Nagios server was working fine but for no apparent reason the attachment message started to appear in the graphic interface.

All related to the plugin check_snmp .. I was looking for information on the link https://support.nagios.com/forum/viewto ... =7&t=44016
but I can not solve the problem

It should be noted that when I execute the commands from Centos the same message also appears

CRITICAL - Plugin timed out while executing system call

Could you please indicate to me what can be done, it should be stated that the nagios was working well, I do not remember making any changes to the plugin.
Attachments
services.txt
(1.84 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
comands.txt
(1.36 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
err.JPG
alex3105

Re: Error SNMP

Post by alex3105 »

This error started appearing recently .. after 10 days I added the affected hosts, it is necessary to specify that it was working well, now I have 62 host in my nagios including the localhost.

It should be noted that sometimes I get notifications of loss of connection to devices but then 05 seconds later the computer appears online again ... of course it never went out or disconnected.

I have Nagios Core 4.4.1 installed in a Centos 7, 2 core virtual machine, HD 100 Gb and 6 Gb memory

Also, I have performed some tests:

- I applied the snmpwalk command to the device as root user and nagios with Ok results.

- I have verified the version of the plugin:
check_snmp with the -v argument
   #. / check_snmp -v
check_snmp v2.2.1 (nagios-plugins 2.2.1)

- I have verified in the file commands:

define command {
     command_name check_snmp
     command_line $ USER1 $ / check_snmp -H $ HOSTADDRESS $ $ ARG1 $
}

And the processes running
#ps -aef | grep snmp
root 25798 12475 0 08:29 pts/0 00:00:00 grep --color=auto snmp

Any help I will thank you.
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

Did you login to the remote server and verify that it is still running the SNMP daemon and that there were no changes done to the configuration settings?
What is the remote device?
What OS and release is it running?

If the device is setup to respond to SNMP version 2 polls, run the following command on the Nagios server to see if it responds.

Code: Select all

snmpwalk Blade7c -c belice -v 2c -t 600
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
alex3105

Post by alex3105 »

Dear

After research confirm that one of my colleagues who also works with me in the implementation of the nagios in my work copied some MIBS files to try to monitor a Cisco UCS team and that day is that the errors appeared. this afternoon after eliminating these MIBS the incident was resolved.

1000 thanks ..

Regards
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

alex3105 wrote:Dear

After research confirm that one of my colleagues who also works with me in the implementation of the nagios in my work copied some MIBS files to try to monitor a Cisco UCS team and that day is that the errors appeared. this afternoon after eliminating these MIBS the incident was resolved.

1000 thanks ..

Regards
glad to hear it was resolved.

Locking
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com