Notification alert issue

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
rituraj966323

Notification alert issue

Post by rituraj966323 »

Hi Team,
I have a automatic Jira ticket deployed in my nagios machine .
So the challenge is ,When host is getting down it is creating ticket for all respective service which is defined under that host.
Is there any possibilities it can create ticket only for host down and ignore the service is defined under that host.

Regards,
Rituraj
benjaminsmith

Re: Notification alert issue

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi @rituraj966323,

There's a configuration setting in Nagios Core that allows you to suppress service notifications when the host is down, please try enabling this and test whether or not if you're still getting tickets created for services.

Edit /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg and change this to host_down_disable_service_checks=1 and then restart Nagios.

Let me know if that works. Thank you.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
rituraj966323

Post by rituraj966323 »

Yes @benjaminsmith

It worked.Thanks much.

Regards,
Rituraj
rituraj966323

Post by rituraj966323 »

Yes i enabled but didn't get a ticket for system related check but got for other services which were configured under it.PFA.
Please help me to resolve this issue
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi,

Was Dal-Nice_Air host up or down when you received the service notification? From your attachment, I'm seeing the other services up, but the Nice Archiving Manager Services check is timing out. Can you run that check form the command line when the host is up to make sure it's working as expected?

How To Test Check Commands From The Command-line
https://support.nagios.com/kb/article.php?id=167
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!