Trying to Get AD Authentication Working With Core 4.4.2

An open discussion forum for obtaining help with Nagios Core. Nagios Core users of all experience levels are welcome here. Subforum have been created for the discussion of Nagios Core and Nagios Plugin development.

NOTE: The SourceForge.net mailing lists have been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

Trying to Get AD Authentication Working With Core 4.4.2

Postby jmichael » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:28 am

I am trying to get Nagios to authenticate web users logging in to the Nagios URL with Active Directory. I have tried several different things I have found around the web, but still no luck. I am new to Nagios and CentOS7 so any help would be appreciated.

Currently when trying to log into Nagios through a browser when entering my AD credentials the prompt disappears and just keeps re-prompting for credentials. When checking the error logs in etc/httpd/logs I am getting the following error:

[Tue Dec 04 09:16:21.835017 2018] [auth_basic:error] [pid 28139] [client 172.24.3.78:54802] AH01617: user j*****: authentication failure for "/nagios": Password Mismatch, referer: http://hq0nagios3.***.***/

Attached is what my nagios.conf file looks like.
Attachments
nagios1.conf
(2.66 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
jmichael

Re: Trying to Get AD Authentication Working With Core 4.4.2

Postby cdienger » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:26 pm

Try simplifying things a bit in the configuration to see if we can narrow down the problematic config. I was able to get ad/ldap auth working with just 4 additional lines(per section):

Code: Select all
      AuthBasicProvider ldap
      AuthLDAPURL ldap://192.168.55.5:389/cn=users,dc=acme,dc=local?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectClass=*)
      AuthLDAPBindDN "cn=administrator,cn=users,dc=acme,dc=local"
      AuthLDAPBindPassword password

Is the question mark in AuthLDAPBindDN “CN=Nagios?Connector,OU=IT,OU=Accounts,DC=**,DC=****,DC=***” correct? Seems like it could be a typo.

Attached is a config from a lab machine. Hope it helps.
Attachments
nagios.conf
(2.5 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
cdienger
Support Tech

Return to Nagios Core