Passive Service Acknowledgement

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
greener

Passive Service Acknowledgement

Post by greener »

Dear Gents,

When I do the Critical Passive Service Acknowledgement, it does not clear from the Critical Passive (Status) and It is added to the Critical Acknowledgement, but when I do acknowledgment on a Critical Active Service, it clear from the Critical Active (Status) and added to Critical Acknowledgement.

Is it the normal behavior of the Critical Passive service when acknowledge it will not clear from Critical Passive (Status)?

Thanks,

Ronald
tgriep
Madmin

Re: Passive Service Acknowledgement

Post by tgriep »

What version of Nagios Core are you running?
Can you provide the steps you took to view the services in the GUI so we can try and recreate what you are seeing?
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
greener

Post by greener »

Hi TGRIEP,

I'm using Nagios Core 4.4.2 and Thruk 2.24-2.

TAC View
|
Services
|
4 Critical
|
--- 1 Unhandled Problems
|--- Site 1 Enclosure1 OA2 = CRITICAL (this is active check)
(after acknowledging, it will transfer to Acknowledged section)
--- 0 Acknowledged
|
--- 3 Passive
|--- SQL1 Base-Disk H Usage
(after acknowledging, status change to acknowledge but remain to Passive section
and added to Acknowledged section)
|--- SQL1 Base-Disk I Usage
|--- SQL1 Base-Disk J Usage

Active Check Acknowledgement:
When I acknowledged the "Site 1 Enclosure1 OA", then it clear the 1 Unhandled Problems and added 1 to Acknowledged status.

Passive Check Acknowledgement:
When I acknowledged the "SQL1 Base-Disk H Usage", it will add this to the "Acknowledged section" and it will not clear from the "Passive", but the status "acknowledged" is on to this "SQL1 Base-Disk H Usage" service.

Thanks,
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

I don't have Thruk installed but if I go the Tactical Overview menu and click on the Critical Service link, it does show both the Acknowledged Active and Passive Checks and that they have been Acknowledged.
If I click on the Services link under the Problems menu when the passive check is unhanded, it shows up correctly.
If I acknowledge it, it is removed from the Unhandled Service Problems menu like it should be.
So the default menus seem to be working.

Have you searched Thruk's site to see if there are and known bugs for this?
greener

Post by greener »

tgriep wrote:I don't have Thruk installed but if I go the Tactical Overview menu and click on the Critical Service link, it does show both the Acknowledged Active and Passive Checks and that they have been Acknowledged.
If I click on the Services link under the Problems menu when the passive check is unhanded, it shows up correctly.
If I acknowledge it, it is removed from the Unhandled Service Problems menu like it should be.
So the default menus seem to be working.

Have you searched Thruk's site to see if there are and known bugs for this?
Hello TGRIEP,

All Passive checks that has been acknowledged, why it is not remove from the "Services-Critical-Disabled"? It is already added to "Services-Critical-Acknowledge".

The Active checks that has been acknowledged, it is removed from the "Services-Critical-Unhandled" and added to "Services-Critical-Acknowledge".

It is not possible to have the Passive checks when acknowledged be remove from the "Services-Critical-Unhandled,Services-Critical-disabled" and add to "Critical-Services-Acknowledge"

Thanks,
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

The issue is with the Thruk interface. It is not removing the Acknowledged check from the menu. The default Nagios interface does work like you want and remove the passive acknowledged service from the menu.
Please go to the Thruk site and file the issue there.
https://github.com/sni/Thruk/issues