Glibcc Error

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
sandeep027

Glibcc Error

Post by sandeep027 »

Hi All,

When i am trying to install the below package on one of the Linux host , i am getting error. can any one please help on this.

yum install -y gcc glibc glibc-common make gettext automake autoconf wget openssl-devel net-snmp net-snmp-utils

I am trying to configure MySQL DB monitoring on one of the MySQL host and in that process i am getting the below error.

Transaction Check Error:
file /usr/bin/ldd from install of glibc-common-2.12-1.209.el6_9.1.i686 conflicts with file from package glibc-common-2.12-1.209.el6_9.1.x86_64
file /usr/lib/locale/locale-archive.tmpl from install of glibc-common-2.12-1.209.el6_9.1.i686 conflicts with file from package glibc-common-2.12-1.209.el6_9.1.x86_64

Error Summary

Regarding this when i reached the Linux team, they are saying that the packages that you want to install are already installed.

i am following the below link and as per the below link i need to install the above package for RHEL 6.9 OS

https://support.nagios.com/kb/article.php?id=569
mcapra

Re: Glibcc Error

Post by mcapra »

sandeep027 wrote: Regarding this when i reached the Linux team, they are saying that the packages that you want to install are already installed.
They are correct.

But the version installed is the i686 version, not the x86_64 version. An important distinction.

I would double check the repositories you have enabled on this machine and make sure they are all pointing to the appropriate processor architecture repos for this machine. It's possible some packages were installed from i686 repos and this machine is now pointed at x86_64 repos, which may or may not require you to uninstall/reinstall certain packages depending on the specific situation.
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/
benjaminsmith

Re: Glibcc Error

Post by benjaminsmith »

Thanks @mcapra!

Let us know if you're able to get worked out or if you have any other questions.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!