nagios status map doesn't draw links

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: nagios status map doesn't draw links

Post by cdienger »

I checked with one of the developers regarding this and this behavior is a known issue with the new map and why the legacy mode is still available. The new maps will not display lines between hosts.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
blackcypher

Post by blackcypher »

cdienger wrote:I checked with one of the developers regarding this and this behavior is a known issue with the new map and why the legacy mode is still available. The new maps will not display lines between hosts.
Thanks for your reply, but why does it behaves as such? Is there a way to go round it by changing some options ?
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

The libraries used to create the map don't draw the lines. The work around is to use the legacy map instead.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
blackcypher

Post by blackcypher »

cdienger wrote:The libraries used to create the map don't draw the lines. The work around is to use the legacy map instead.
Thanks for the detail. I wish to know if the issue was fixed in the new version 4.4.3.

regards
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

It is not "fixed" in the latest because it's not really an issue. The legacy map is available for people wanting to see the lines.
blackcypher

Post by blackcypher »

cdienger wrote:It is not "fixed" in the latest because it's not really an issue. The legacy map is available for people wanting to see the lines.
Thanks for these details and the time you took to clarify my doughts. Since the new map doesn't show links is of no use for me.

Thanks
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

You're welcome. I'll lock the thread at this point.