check_snmp_synology - False Positives

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Re: check_snmp_synology - False Positives

Post by scottwilkerson »

chris1337c wrote:I have disabled more than half of the plugin, we are going to try and go a different route to monitoring this device. Thank you for all of your help.
best of luck!
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
chris1337c

Post by chris1337c »

Scott,

I figured out what the issue of this was. It was partially when the backups ran, but the 180s timeout was more than sufficient to deal with this. It ended up being (I took my first trip to the Datacenter), the Synology box had Dual NICS bonded to the same IP address for load balancing. I was troubleshooting a separate issue for this so I was like hmmmm, this is the box that constantly gives me issues with Nagios so I disabled one of the NICS, haven't seen an issue since (from Nagios timeouts on this box)
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

chris1337c wrote:Scott,

I figured out what the issue of this was. It was partially when the backups ran, but the 180s timeout was more than sufficient to deal with this. It ended up being (I took my first trip to the Datacenter), the Synology box had Dual NICS bonded to the same IP address for load balancing. I was troubleshooting a separate issue for this so I was like hmmmm, this is the box that constantly gives me issues with Nagios so I disabled one of the NICS, haven't seen an issue since (from Nagios timeouts on this box)
Glad to hear it is resolved!

Locking thread
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com