Restore Nagios Core Logs

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
rlinux57

Restore Nagios Core Logs

Post by rlinux57 »

Hi Team,

I have migrated my nagios core 4.4.2 server to another machine with nagios core latest version, Is it possible to restore previous logs saved in archived on new machine, So that i can check my previous log history ? And I also want to restore pnp4nagios logs.

Regards,
rlinux57
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Re: Restore Nagios Core Logs

Post by scottwilkerson »

rlinux57 wrote:Is it possible to restore previous logs saved in archived on new machine, So that i can check my previous log history ?
Yes, you can just copy them over
rlinux57 wrote:And I also want to restore pnp4nagios logs.
I'm not familiar with where these would be located on your server because there are many different ways to install pnp4nagios, but I would believe you could just move these as well.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
rlinux57

Post by rlinux57 »

Hi Scott,

Yes, I did it and paste the nagios logs it's working. Kindly help me in order to restore pnp4nagios logs as well.

Regards,
rlinux57
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

As I mentioned before I'm not familiar with where these would be located on your server because there are many different ways to install pnp4nagios, but I would believe you could just move these as well.

You would want to consult with the authors of pnp4nagios on this (we do not create pnp4nagios)
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com