Upgraded Nagios to 4.4.1 and Nagios not Working

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
ep7network

Re: Upgraded Nagios to 4.4.1 and Nagios not Working

Post by ep7network »

Hi there @scottwilkerson,

I ran yum --enablerepo=epel update nagios, then a systemctl status nagios.service and Nagios failed load. Nagios is down again.

When I run nagios -v /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg it tells me config file 'etc/nagios/server/windows.cfg' has an issue on line number. When I go and correct error and run command nagios -v /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg output tells me same error on a different server. It doesn't like windows.cfg file. If I continue to fix bad errors Nagios isn't going to monitor anything. I've commented out almost all servers i was monitoring before my failed upgrade.

I'm thinking about uninstalling Nagios and install Nagios Core from Source. I'm going to use kb article from support Nagios website.
How can I uninstall everything related to Nagios core, it's running on CentOS 7?
I don't want to run into issue's when performing fresh install of Nagios 4.4.3.

Thanks for all your help.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

It would just be

Code: Select all

yum remove nagios
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
ep7network

Post by ep7network »

I uninstalled Nagios using yum remove nagios. I then installed Nagios 4.4.3 from Source. I can log into Nagios web interface and view localhost and see services are being monitored.

when I try to monitor a Windows machine the host does not appear in Nagios web interface.
I followed Nagios core web document on Monitoring Windows machine. I installed check_ncpa.py plugin. And also installed ncpa and NSClient++ on Windows machine. I know NSClient is working on Windows.

On Nagios server when I verify check_ncpa.py I get output version 1.1.3. When I run pre-flight check I get no errors.

I don't know what else to do as to why Nagios doesn't show Windows machine on Nagios web interface.
Any idea's to make this work?
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

Did you create nagios configuration files for the ncpa command and services to monitor?
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com