nagios sidebar is duplicated .

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
adrianmuntean

nagios sidebar is duplicated .

Post by adrianmuntean »

Hello,

i encountered a strange issue with the nagios web interface . From time to time , something is duplicating the sidebar .I cant find errors inside the apache log to indicate the root couse Has anyone encountered a similar error ?

Thank you!
Attachments
web error
web error
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Re: nagios sidebar is duplicated .

Post by scottwilkerson »

My guess would be that there is a link somewhere that is loading the whole from insude the main frame target.

I tried to replicate this on current versions but could not find any links that caused this. Being this specific version is over 5 years old you may want to consider working toward an upgrade.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
adrianmuntean

Post by adrianmuntean »

Hello,

thank you for investigating this.The first problem that i noticed came from index.py script which was trowing an internal server error on the webpage for every logged error ( for example when a user failed to authenticate), which honestly we dont need to be shown as internal server error on the webpage .I tried to make an exception , so i changed as a test the value from error to crit . The internal server error does not appear anymore, but instead the sidebar is beeing duplicated .

if req.myfile == "crit":
try:
show_apache_log(req)
return apache.OK
except Exception, e:
req.write("<html><body><h1>Internal Error</h1>Cannot output error log: %s</body></html>" % e)
return apache.OK
That was my taught as well , that something is calling that link twice , but cant figure out what...
Attachments
index.py
index.py
(9.42 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

Ok, this makes sense.. index.py is not part of nagios, this file was created by OMD, not Nagios.

Unfortunately I cannot help with non-nagios items.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com