Nagios web interface cannot connect to apache

An open discussion forum for obtaining help with Nagios Core. Nagios Core users of all experience levels are welcome here. Subforum have been created for the discussion of Nagios Core and Nagios Plugin development.

NOTE: The SourceForge.net mailing lists have been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

Nagios web interface cannot connect to apache

Postby avarf » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:24 am

I pulled and started the nagios container (jasonrivers/nagios) and I can have access to the web interface but inside I get: "Unable to get process status" and if I click on any of the statuses I get this error:
Code: Select all
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@localhost to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu) Server at localhost Port 80

Inside the nagios container I checked port 80 but it was down. Can someone guide me how to solve this problem?
avarf

Re: Nagios web interface cannot connect to apache

Postby scottwilkerson » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:31 am

I'm not familiar with that specific container but I know our official container needs to be run with the following to open the port
docker run -p 80:80 -dit nagiosenterprises/nagioscore

https://hub.docker.com/r/nagiosenterprises/nagioscore/
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Postby avarf » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:19 am

My problem is I have to use a nagios container that is currently running on a server but not my machine so I tested that container which also didn't work on my machine.
I checked the servers environment variables and compared it with my machine and I found out that my machine soesn't have these variables:
APACHE_LOCK_DIR=/var/run
APACHE_LOG_DIR=/var/log/apache2
APACHE_RUN_GROUP=nagios
APACHE_RUN_USER=nagios

Can this be the problem?
avarf

Postby scottwilkerson » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:40 am

avarf wrote:Can this be the problem?

Possibly, but as I mentioned we are not the creators of this docker image so I have no idea how it is setup to run.

You will likely need to consult with the author
https://hub.docker.com/r/jasonrivers/nagios
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Return to Nagios Core