Nagios XI NRPE Check_Disk GLIBC_2.14 Not Found

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
hul1

Nagios XI NRPE Check_Disk GLIBC_2.14 Not Found

Post by hul1 »

Hi I'm having issues with getting the specific check_disk script working that came compiled with nagios.
I followed the official nagios install instructions, installed by downloading the linux-nrpe-agent.tar.gz file, source compiled by running the fullinstall and was able to successfully get it working but it just seems specific to a few services.

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk -a '-w 15% -p/'
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk)

The box I'm running this on is RHEL 6, so we can only support glibc 2.12 by default, not glibc 2.14, which is on our rhel 7 boxes. Is there something that we can use that supports 2.12 and RHEL 6?
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Re: Nagios XI NRPE Check_Disk GLIBC_2.14 Not Found

Post by scottwilkerson »

Did you compile the plugins on the rhel 7 box and then move them to the rhel 6 box?

They need to be compiled on the same server they are running on.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
hul1

Post by hul1 »

Ah that was it! I had a nagios install script that downloaded the tar and ran the full install but thought it would be better manageable on our servers to just puppetize and copy the library files directly as it could be controlled in case we needed to add/change libraries on all our hosts. I think I'll just have 2 separate ones for rhel 6 and rhel 7 in this case.

Thanks Scott
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

hul1 wrote:Ah that was it! I had a nagios install script that downloaded the tar and ran the full install but thought it would be better manageable on our servers to just puppetize and copy the library files directly as it could be controlled in case we needed to add/change libraries on all our hosts. I think I'll just have 2 separate ones for rhel 6 and rhel 7 in this case.

Thanks Scott
Glad it is resolved!

Locking thread
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com