Service Dependencies Overview

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
tlksadrian

Service Dependencies Overview

Post by tlksadrian »

I am new on nagios. Is anyone here that can help me configure Service Dependencies Overview, please.

Thank you.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Re: Service Dependencies Overview

Post by npolovenko »

Welcome to the forum, @tlksadrian. This article will provide you with a basic overview and explanation of how service dependencies work and how to set one up.
https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ncies.html

If you want a more specific help please post definitions of services, hosts and explain in your own words what you're trying to achieve.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
tlksadrian

Post by tlksadrian »

I need to monitor every specific interface, when it is down, up, flapping and something like that, but I am not sure how to configure the file using command line interface. I am no very well with linux command line interface :( .
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@tlksadrian, I think you're talking about service and host configurations. Dependencies are used to prevent Nagios from sending notifications on host X if host Y is down and in similar cases.

We can help you set up service and host configurations. First of all, what kind of interfaces are you looking to monitor? On a Linux or a windows server? Have you chosen a monitoring agent already? Are you looking to monitor disk usage, ping, memory,etc?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.