hosts disappear

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
egas84

hosts disappear

Post by egas84 »

Hi,
I have some hosts in monitoring nagios. After I've enabled monitoring, after a few hours the hosts begin to disappear from the panel and the configuration files as well. Any idea?

Thanks in advance.
benjaminsmith

Re: hosts disappear

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi @egas84,

This type of behavior can occur when there are multiple Nagios processes at the same time. Run the following from the command line.

Code: Select all

service nagios stop
killall -9 nagios
service nagios restart
Let me know if that takes care of the issue.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
egas84

Post by egas84 »

benjaminsmith wrote:Hi @egas84,

This type of behavior can occur when there are multiple Nagios processes at the same time. Run the following from the command line.

Code: Select all

service nagios stop
killall -9 nagios
service nagios restart
Let me know if that takes care of the issue.
Hi @benjaminsmith,
Thanks for your answer.
I have listed my processes and see only one process.
Anyway, I finished the process and it did not work.
Thanks,
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi @egas84,

In most cases, this is caused by multiple Nagios processes running. The configuration files/settings should not disappear from your server. Are using some sort of configuration management software to automate configuration?

Also, what browser are you using? Can you confirm the behavior from another browser?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!