Check_nt_process not finding process

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
VooDo0

Check_nt_process not finding process

Post by VooDo0 »

Hi!
I want to monitor the windows process called MsMpEng.exe (Windows defender) but when I try the command says

" CRITICAL: MsMpEng.exe: not running" but it is running (have checked taskmanager etc)

I've tried with another process that is running and that one is answering "ok".

Any pointers in what I could be doing wrong?
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Check_nt_process not finding process

Post by lmiltchev »

What is the version of the NSClient++ that you are currently using? Can you show us the actual command that you are running along with the output of it? Have you tried using check_nrpe instead of check_nt to see if this is going to fix the issue?

You could try a different agent than NSClient++, for example NCPA. It is going to be easier for us to help you with an agent that is actually developed and maintained by us (Nagios). NSClient++ is not our agent. We can try to help you with it, but cannot guarantee that we will be able to fix your issue. I would recommend that you post your question on the NSClient++ support forum site as well. Perhaps the developer of the agent can shed some light on the issue. Thank you!
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!