Nagios Core Login?

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
ericmachine

Nagios Core Login?

Post by ericmachine »

Hi everyone,

It seems that everytime I want to login to nagios core admin, it will prompt me a window to enter username and password. Is there any way I can have the login on the webpage itself than a popup?

It is quite ugly though. Any help? Thanks.
jsmurphy

Re: Nagios Core Login?

Post by jsmurphy »

Not with Nagios Core... the authentication mechanism is controlled by Apache and not by the Nagios application.
ericmachine

Post by ericmachine »

noted, but if i install opt5, nagios xi or centreon... i assume this issue will be resolved right?
jsmurphy

Post by jsmurphy »

I don't really know for op5 or Centreon as I've never installed either, but I think they both do. Nagios XI definitely does have a built in login page. These solutions also come with built in config management, graphing and all that other stuff that helps improve usability. My suggestions would be work with Nagios Core first to understand the basics of Nagios then look at one of these solutions when you are certain that Nagios will meet your needs.