Scheduilng Downtime for a Host and Services together?

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
kelemvor

Scheduilng Downtime for a Host and Services together?

Post by kelemvor »

Howdy,

If I use the Disable notifications for all services on this host option, I get a checkbox that allows me to also disable notifications for the Host itself. However, if I use the Schedule downtime for all services on this host option, I do not get the same checkbox. And if I choose Schedule downtime for this host, I also don't get any way to also set downtime for all the services.

Is it not possible to schedule downtime for the Host and everything that runs on the host or am I just missing something? Do I really need to set downtime for the host and then go set the same downtime for the services?

Thanks.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Re: Scheduilng Downtime for a Host and Services together?

Post by npolovenko »

Hi, @kelemvor. That's right, to schedule downtime for a host you'd need to a) Schedule downtime for a host itself and b) Schedule downtime for all its services. I couldn't find a way to do both at once.
However, you could use your own custom script to schedule downtime for the host and its services using external commands:
https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... btnSubmit=
(you'd put 2 commands in one script)
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.