Nagiso don't stop seding notification alert

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
vitoreuphrasio

Nagiso don't stop seding notification alert

Post by vitoreuphrasio »

Hello,

I am working with Nagios a few months and now I had to set the notification through e-mail.

I set postfix to use a Exchange Server as a Relay and now I am receiving e-mails, but I desactivated everything I could, but Nagios still sending e-mail to me.

When I check the Notification Page of Nagios I got this:

Host / Service / Type / Time Contact / Notification / Command / Information
XXXXXXXX /C:\ Drive Space /CRITICAL /28-03-2012 09:54:48 /nagiosadmin /notify-service-by-email /c:\ - total: 19.99 Gb - used: 18.19 Gb (91%) - free 1.81 Gb (9%)

When I click on "nagiosadmin" show me this:

Contact Name / Alias / Email Address / Pager Address Number / Service Notification Options / Host Notification Options / Service Notification Period
nagiosadmin / Nagios Admin / nagios@localhost / - /None / - / -

Host Notification Period / Service Notification Commands / Host Notification Commands / Retention Options
None / None / None / None

This look like Nagios is getting nagios@localhost as an e-mail, but my real E-MAIL is totally diferent. So, no make sense for me, to keep receiving these e-mails. I use NagiosQL for set the notification properties.

Version:
Nagios® Core™ 3.3.1
NagiosQL 3.1.1
Postfix 2.8.5-3.5.1

Someone can help me? If need any config, tell me, I post here.

Thanks.
jsmurphy

Re: Nagiso don't stop seding notification alert

Post by jsmurphy »

In rare circumstances nagiosQL doesn't clean up removed config elements so if you are 100% certain that you have removed it from NagiosQL then go to the Nagios config directory /usr/local/nagios/etc/ and open contacts.cfg and remove that user, though that bug should never affect contacts.cfg. Re-export your NagiosQL configs... if it exports that user again then you have misconfigured something in NagiosQL. (This process while unnecessary will prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that NagQL still thinks there is a link)

I am actually tipping that the nagiosadmin user is still active somewhere in your NagiosQL configuration.
nizaroch

Re: Nagiso don't stop seding notification alert

Post by nizaroch »

Just to share, you can enable and disable commands using command line.

## To DISBALE notification
#!/bin/sh
now=`date +%s`
commandfile='/usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd'

/usr/bin/printf "[%lu] DISABLE_NOTIFICATIONS\n" $now > $commandfile

## To ENABLE notification
#!/bin/sh
now=`date +%s`
commandfile='/usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd'

/usr/bin/printf "[%lu] ENABLE_NOTIFICATIONS\n" $now > $commandfile

Hope this helps.. Thanks and God bless!

-degz-