Scheduling downtime service at past

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
rosgos

Scheduling downtime service at past

Post by rosgos »

It's possible schedule a downtime for yesterday? for example, downtime start: yesterday at 1:00am and downtime end: yesterday 3:00am
This could be very useful if you forgot schedule downtime for a system maintenance.

I tried it, but Nagios only add the action to actual log (nagios.log) but not to yesterday log. Because of this, then report doesn't find the timestamp at yesterday log and don't calculate it.
jsmurphy

Re: Scheduling downtime service at past

Post by jsmurphy »

I don't believe you can, which is kind of a pain in the ass if you are trying to use it as the reporting for service delivery but you may have to just let your service delivery guys handle it as an exception.
rosgos

Post by rosgos »

Thanks for your reply, but I need do it myself.
Do you think it would be a good improvement for Nagios? I am playing with this and I see it's possible with the correct calculations
jsmurphy

Post by jsmurphy »

well it's a feature I would like to see from a service delivery perspective, you can always float the idea on the nagios-devel mailing list they would be the authorities on this sort of thing ;)