unable to access web page

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
seapro220

unable to access web page

Post by seapro220 »

I followed a 'new' install for nagios core, found here - https://tecadmin.net/install-nagios-mon ... on-ubuntu/ . Install went well and other than a few typo's (my fat fingers) on the config all seemed to go well. whenever i access the /localhost/nagios/ i get a '500 internal server error' and the nagios-core page won't come up. i can access apache2 'default' page w/o issue so i know apache2 is loaded, as well as whenever i check for 'nagios' it is active/running also. I should have been presented with a 'password' initially - but haven't gotten that. i've gone thru the process twice now but fail to see what would/could be wrong. any suggestions that i can check?

i also ran the preflight check - no issues. this is on a fresh install of ubuntu 18.04 also.

thanks,
benjaminsmith

Re: unable to access web page

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello @seapro220,

Would it be possible to re-install (roll back the VM) as I highly recommend following our instructions for installing Nagios Core on Ubuntu, here:

Nagios Core - Installing Nagios Core From Source.

Let me know.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
seapro220

Post by seapro220 »

I followed the 'default' config - and got the server up.

yea - this issue is resolved.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi,
yea - this issue is resolved.
Great. Thanks for the update and we'll close this out. If you have a other questions, feel free to open a new post.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!