Stopped receiving Nagios Text Messages

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
bgiboney

Stopped receiving Nagios Text Messages

Post by bgiboney »

We stopped receiving Nagios alerts, text messages a few weeks ago on our Blackberry's. Prior to this we received every Nagios alert. We still receive them in Outlook but not on our mobile device. I went into contacts and sent a test message to my address, phone#@messaging.sprintpcs.com and received it on my phone. When I sent the message Outlook opened and I sent the message. Anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this problem? Nagios version 3.0a4. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
jimavery

Re: Stopped receiving Nagios Text Messages

Post by jimavery »

That depends on how your Nagios server is configured to send notifications to the Blackberrys (or is it "Blackberries"?). Do you use email for both, or is there a specific notification defined for sending to them? If so, you might need manually to run an equivalent command from the command line to test why it's not working.