Monitoring Remote Server

An open discussion forum for obtaining help with Nagios Core. Nagios Core users of all experience levels are welcome here. Subforum have been created for the discussion of Nagios Core and Nagios Plugin development.

NOTE: The SourceForge.net mailing lists have been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

Monitoring Remote Server

Postby Explodistan » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:07 pm

Hello again! This time I have a question on monitoring services on a remote host.

I made sure to install the NRPE plugin for Nagios, and I'm pretty sure that I have the local .cfg file set up right on the Nagios server. I installed the NSclient++ for the server and edited the nsclient.ini to allow the Nagios server as an accepted host. Since this is still a test environment I didn't enable any ssh security for the NSclient++ which means that it shouldn't have to use keys. The Nagios server still can't communicate with any of the host services including the NSclient++ Version check. In the configuration file for the monitored server on the Nagios server it is trying to check with check_nt! command. Could this be the issue or is it something else?

If I need to post the configuration files I will.
Explodistan

Re: Monitoring Remote Server

Postby scottwilkerson » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:23 pm

Please add your nsclient.ini file as well as the command you are attempting to run from the Nagios server.

Please remove any sensitive information from the file and command but leave the rest intact.

Thanks
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Postby Explodistan » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:49 pm

This post can be closed. I decided to not go with NSClient++ and instead went with NCPA. I got it working on NCPA just fine.
Explodistan

Postby scottwilkerson » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:45 pm

Explodistan wrote:This post can be closed. I decided to not go with NSClient++ and instead went with NCPA. I got it working on NCPA just fine.

Great!

Locking thread
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Return to Nagios Core