Monitoring Remote Server

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Explodistan

Monitoring Remote Server

Post by Explodistan »

Hello again! This time I have a question on monitoring services on a remote host.

I made sure to install the NRPE plugin for Nagios, and I'm pretty sure that I have the local .cfg file set up right on the Nagios server. I installed the NSclient++ for the server and edited the nsclient.ini to allow the Nagios server as an accepted host. Since this is still a test environment I didn't enable any ssh security for the NSclient++ which means that it shouldn't have to use keys. The Nagios server still can't communicate with any of the host services including the NSclient++ Version check. In the configuration file for the monitored server on the Nagios server it is trying to check with check_nt! command. Could this be the issue or is it something else?

If I need to post the configuration files I will.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Re: Monitoring Remote Server

Post by scottwilkerson »

Please add your nsclient.ini file as well as the command you are attempting to run from the Nagios server.

Please remove any sensitive information from the file and command but leave the rest intact.

Thanks
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
Explodistan

Post by Explodistan »

This post can be closed. I decided to not go with NSClient++ and instead went with NCPA. I got it working on NCPA just fine.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

Explodistan wrote:This post can be closed. I decided to not go with NSClient++ and instead went with NCPA. I got it working on NCPA just fine.
Great!

Locking thread
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com