Nagios core performance data

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
lagosta

Nagios core performance data

Post by lagosta »

Hi guys,
I'm using Nagios Core 4.3.2 to collect several performance data on several servers and I want to know what is the best way to present that data in some sort of table where you can drill down to details.
For example, let's say you have 3 servers collecting input/output packets for each Network interface. I would like to have a table to show a total input/output packets for each server and when I click the server I would get the details per interface.
Is this possible? If so please point me to the right direction.

Thanks.
mcapra

Re: Nagios core performance data

Post by mcapra »

If you're willing to throw money at the problem, Nagios XI has pretty seamless integrations for performance data. Migrating from Core to XI is relatively painless:
https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ios-XI.pdf

If you're looking for something free, I'd suggest Nagflux. Spin up an InfluxDB instance, strap Nagflux to it. Store your performance data there for querying+analysis on the TICK stack.

PNP4Nagios also exists, but is getting pretty long-in-the-tooth.
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Thanks @mcapra.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Also, If you'd like to try out Nagios XI, you can evaluate it free for 60 days.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
lagosta

Post by lagosta »

Hi thanks.
for now I'm keeping the Free version so thanks for the inputs, I will take a look.

Anyone else has alternatives?
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi @lagosta,
for now I'm keeping the Free version so thanks for the inputs, I will take a look.
Sounds good. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Also, here's our documentation for installing and configuring PNP4Nagios with Nagios Core.

Nagios Core - Performance Graphs Using PNP4Nagios

Nagios Core - Using Grafana with PNP4Nagios
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!