Remote command execution failed: bash: /usr/local/nagios/lib

An open discussion forum for obtaining help with Nagios Core. Nagios Core users of all experience levels are welcome here. Subforum have been created for the discussion of Nagios Core and Nagios Plugin development.

NOTE: The SourceForge.net mailing lists have been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

Remote command execution failed: bash: /usr/local/nagios/lib

Postby trrampaul » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:19 am

Good day,

I have Nagios setup on some Linux servers, but some of the checks show this error:

Remote command execution failed: bash: /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_ssh: /usr/lib/ld.so.1: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory

The check file is there in libexec, but I'm missing the ld.so.1 file, I searched the internet but was unable to get a solution.
trrampaul

Re: Remote command execution failed: bash: /usr/local/nagios

Postby scottwilkerson » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:34 am

Did you copy the plugins from a different server?

trrampaul wrote:Remote command execution failed: bash: /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_ssh: /usr/lib/ld.so.1: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory

Usually this error happens when you move a plugin to a server that was compiled elsewhere.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Postby trrampaul » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:21 am

No the plugins were there already, I inherited this issue. I was just trying to fix.
trrampaul

Postby scottwilkerson » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:28 am

trrampaul wrote:No the plugins were there already, I inherited this issue. I was just trying to fix.

I would recommend installing the nagios plugins from source (a backup first would be recommended)

https://support.nagios.com/kb/article.php?id=569
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Postby trrampaul » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:35 am

scottwilkerson wrote:
trrampaul wrote:No the plugins were there already, I inherited this issue. I was just trying to fix.

I would recommend installing the nagios plugins from source (a backup first would be recommended)

Thanks very much you pointed me in the right direction. I deleted the check_ file that was returning the error and replaced it with a newer check_ file, changed permissions and ownership and it works now.
trrampaul

Postby scottwilkerson » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:36 am

trrampaul wrote:
scottwilkerson wrote:

Thanks very much you pointed me in the right direction. I deleted the check_ file that was returning the error and replaced it with a newer check_ file, changed permissions and ownership and it works now.

Great!

Locking thread
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Return to Nagios Core