Drive Space Monitoring for Linux Servers

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
amitgupta19

Drive Space Monitoring for Linux Servers

Post by amitgupta19 »

I am using the Plugin the check_disk(Supplied as part of the Nagios Plugin) to monitor the drive space for the Linux servers.

Currently i am monitoring all the partitions of the server at once. Now i want to define the separate definition for all the partitions.

So this means i will have to write the separate service definition for all the partitions.

Does it going to impact in any way, as currently i have only one definition for all the servers and i am going to change it separate for all the partitions?

Kindly suggest.
mbellerue

Re: Drive Space Monitoring for Linux Servers

Post by mbellerue »

It is definitely important to keep in mind that additional checks on a server translate to additional load on the server. How much additional load depends on the complexity of the check. In this case, I do not think your servers would notice a difference expanding 1 check into 5 checks, for example. The check_disk plugin is very light weight.

I would recommend that you test it against one server, just to be certain that the load will remain acceptable. Then roll out the change to the rest of your servers.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
amitgupta19

Re: Drive Space Monitoring for Linux Servers

Post by amitgupta19 »

Thanks for the clarification.