Nagios Upgrade from 4.3.4 to 4.4.3

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
SandaIonut

Nagios Upgrade from 4.3.4 to 4.4.3

Post by SandaIonut »

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the upgrade when I'm trying to upgrade from 4.3.4 to 4.4.3.

Can I upgrade directly, or should I first try to install the 4.4.0, and afterwards the patch to 4.4.3?

I read that with the 4.4.0 version, major changes have been implemented.

Long story short - after successful installation of the 4.4.3, the page isn't loading - I do not receive any errors, nor is something written in the error log file..This is starting to drive me nuts.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Ionut Sanda
bheden
Product Development Manager

Re: Nagios Upgrade from 4.3.4 to 4.4.3

Post by bheden »

Which page isn't loading? Which error log file are you referring to? Can you provide us with the upgrade instructions you used?

Can you provide the apache logs and nagios logs, please?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Nagios Enterprises
Senior Developer
mbellerue

Re: Nagios Upgrade from 4.3.4 to 4.4.3

Post by mbellerue »

Hi SandaIonut,

Were you able to get the Nagios page loaded? Definitely check the logs in /var/log/httpd/. If you're not getting any log files there, verifying that Apache is running, maybe even a full restart of the system, would be a good idea.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!