Nagios core mk-livestatus install error

An open discussion forum for obtaining help with Nagios Core. Nagios Core users of all experience levels are welcome here. Subforum have been created for the discussion of Nagios Core and Nagios Plugin development.

NOTE: The SourceForge.net mailing lists have been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

Re: Nagios core mk-livestatus install error

Postby ddro90 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:03 am

I have a one more question, in man g++ I can find the following:

-static-libstdc++
When the g++ program is used to link a C++ program, it normally automatically links against libstdc++. If libstdc++ is available as a shared
library, and the -static option is not used, then this links against the shared version of libstdc++. That is normally fine. However, it is
sometimes useful to freeze the version of libstdc++ used by the program without going all the way to a fully static link. The -static-
libstdc++ option directs the g++ driver to link libstdc++ statically, without necessarily linking other libraries statically.

So, can I run the command without this option? Would the compilation be correct?

Thanks!
ddro90

Re: Nagios core mk-livestatus install error

Postby scottwilkerson » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:59 am

This would be a question for the mk-livestatus developers
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Previous

Return to Nagios Core